" />

Daniel I Russell - Writer of Horror Fiction


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 08, 2011

Help a guy out...all I want is a little of your time.

I have a favour to ask, but first, the details.

My longer horror/SF/fantasy novel, The Collector, is currently being released as a free online serial over at Smashwords . Part 1 went live Friday before last, and I set myself the rule that Part 2 would NOT be released until Part 1 had reached 200 downloads. I gave myself the ridiculous time frame of 1 week to hit the mark.

We're now 2 weeks after publication and book 1 has had 301 reads and book 2 after 5 days, 149. This is Smashwords only for now.

If you've missed out, and want a completely FREE serial (I give you my word as a gentleman that the finale won't have a bastard's price tag), then head on over to my SMASHWORDS PAGE, where you will find both parts of The Collector, and my other free ebook, FLUFFS, which is nearly at the 2000 downloads mark. Samhane is also on there for a paltry $2.99.
Penny Crescent. One street. Three houses. Three families.

Countless disputes.

Physics teacher Frank Harper educates with his fists behind closed doors. Jenny Dean can barely control her wayward teenage sons, and Eleanor McQuire, the old mystic, is happy with her books and visiting grandson.

For one night, the residents of Penny Crescent must put their differences aside. Death is coming.

Some call him the man in black. Others call him the devil. He is The Collector, and the three families have something he wants…

And he’ll go to any length to get it.

From the author of extreme horror novel Samhane comes a twisted foray into the darkness of the soul and the meaning of life.

Book 1 introduced hundreds of readers to the residents of Penny Crescent. In Book 2, something else has found its way to the quiet English suburb...

The grief and longing of the three women has summoned a force, a brief flash of blue fire at the height of the storm.

Phantom smells at the McGuire house. Glimpses of a little bald girl at The Harpers'. Some overdue discipline for the wayward Dean twins.

And the arrival of a mysterious man in black...

From the acclaimed author of Samhane comes the second book of the ongoing free serial.

The Collector: Book 2.

Now...my favour.

As said, The Collector is 100% free right to the finale of volume 1. All I want is your time. Please, leave a review, leave a rating. The second volume will be an epic one, and one I want to pitch to publishers. If the first volume can prove its popularity with readers...it can only help. I read this week that readers of free works don't feel the obligation to leave feedback. Please, prove this wrong.

Deal not sweet enough? You drive a hard bargain.

If The Collector books attract at least FIFTY comments from different readers, Ten randomly selected readers will receive the Samhane ebook for free. One extra lucky random winner will win a Samhane ebook, Roots ebook and the chance to appear in a new Brian Rathbone (Samhane) story and even pick the creature he's hunting! This is a great chance to see your name in print, as Brian Rathbone stories tend to be snapped up by publishers.

So please, read the free books and at least leave a rating. I'd appreciate it from the bottom of both my vesicles.

Posted by Daniel I. Russell :: 7:53 am :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------