" />

Daniel I Russell - Writer of Horror Fiction


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Samhane cover revealed


Well folks, here it is. The draft cover for the English/U.S. version of Samhane, available in print very soon.

This isn't the finished version. Our layout demi-god Danny Evarts of Shroud Magazine and It's Okay to be a Zombie infamy, is still tinkering with the fonts and shades and lighting and all the other stuff I have no idea about. We also have a blurb to put on the cover. But generally, should you wish (and please, do) to part with your well-earned cash on a copy, this is what will be gracing your shelves. The cover image is by Patrick McWhorter, an artist I have raved about on here in the past. See the older posts for more of his stunning work.

The book should be available on prerelease over the next couple of days over at Necrotic Tissue , with Amazon not too far behind. The book should be officially out in the next few weeks.

As for the German edition of Samhane, pictured to the left, well, what can I say? Thank you to Torsten Scheib and Michael Preissl for all the work they've put in, and a big thank you to German readers who have already ordered their copy and said such kind things about their interest. I hope the book meets your expectations. And also thank you to Werner Placho for recommending me in the first place, and also singing like Marilyn Monroe.

The GERMAN edition can be ordered right now at Voodoo Press or from Amazon Germany .

So what else has been happening? Not a lot to be honest. What with my students having finished their exams (and my science kids did great on the whole. Well done, guys) and this weekend being my 30th Birthday, I've been taking it easy, as per the photo below which was taken in my new hammock. Great thing is that I can actually write while in it! I'm afraid the level of comfort achieved may influence my future works. Goodbye extreme horror, hello light hearted yarns about idiot girls trying to find love in the big city.

As with any birthday, my to be read pile has grown once again with books by Richard Laymon, Bentley Little, John Ajvide Lindquist (a nice Hardback at that!), Peter Straub and S.D. Hintz. Already finished one of the Laymons. Another review to write, I guess!

A lot of my writing time has been taken up by the blog tour, and I would again like to thank Jim McLeod at Ginger Nuts of Horror , Sarah Masters at her blog page and Shaun Jeffrey's IN The Shadows thus far for putting up with me on their blogs. The next stop, which is moved to the States, should be up in the next few days. It's been a lot of fun, and I'm glad it's going to continue through the month.

I'm off for more relaxation, Old Speckled Hen and cake. See you for the Ohio blog stop!







Posted by Daniel I. Russell :: 3:21 pm :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------