" />

Daniel I Russell - Writer of Horror Fiction


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Time for a little celebration

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Necrotic Tissue submissions for April are finished! It's nice to have an empty inbox. The slush pile is now just a nice flat plain. You can see the horizon, the sky, the trees. Oh look, a bird.

Can't believe how relieved the boss (Captain Aaaar! Scott McCoy - That's OUR Scott McCoy for the Werepig gang) must feel. Must be like the changing of the seasons for him. April submissions are done and now we have the reading period of July to look forward to. Please, please, please feel free to submit your best horror fiction to Necrotic Tissue, but READ THE GUIDELINES! Enough said.

Other then that, it's been a quiet day here at Manji Towers. Authors often complain that other things get in the way of their writing - award ceremonies, book signings, movie deals to sort out. Personally, I feel all that guff is for losers, so have turned it all down to help the family with the washing. I feel it's time better spent. I mean, no one's going to give you a multi-million pound movie deal when you have beans down your t shirt. So we have lots of clean washing, had a good steak for tea, the kids are in the bath, I finished my NT subs...and still managed 1000 words. Not a lot on the writing front, but I feel it's been a productive day.

Personally though, its been mixed. I found out today that our 3 year old daughter has been picked out as artistically gifted and is being encouraged to find and attend art classes. I'm so proud of her and we'll certainly be looking into it in the near future. On the bad side...well, obviously I can't go into details, but judge not lest thee be judged. Oh, and as most of the aussies I've met over here will tell you, being English does not make you a snob! People can be different. Some people should learn to accept that.

I know this is meant to be a horror writing blog, but I just want to say a big thank you to my partner Sherie, who has been so supportive while I've been reading the submissions and slogging through the first part of Tainted Nature these last few weeks. Thank you!x

Posted by Daniel I. Russell :: 6:47 pm :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------